New York Dream Home Theater
Lon G is a lifelong home theater enthusiast who lives in New York state.
AVS Forum build thread is “My Dream Theater – Dream Team“.
New York Dream Home Theater Project Overview
Lon G approached Acoustic Frontiers in 2017 to assist in improving a theater installed in 2011. Initially he was in the mindset of tweaking, rather than redesigning, the theater and sought professional assistance to improve the acoustics.
As we worked together, it became clear to Lon that his existing room was a major barrier to audio/video performance. To realize his home theater ambitions he needed to do a major theater overhaul!
Thus, the “New York Dream Home Theater” project was born – incorporating a complete replacement of the speaker system and electronics together with an increase in room length coupled to state-of-the-art acoustics and aesthetics.
Acoustic Frontiers Home Theater Solutions
To support the New York Dream Home Theater project, we supplied the following home theater consulting services:
- Home theater layout, incorporating an 11.6.8 speaker system
- Acoustic treatment design
- Sound isolation & HVAC consulting
- Screen wall construction drawings
The 11.6.8 speaker system included the following:
- JBL M2 left, center and right speakers driven by Mark Levinson 531H and 532H amplifiers
- JBL SCL-4 ear level speakers driven by Theta Dreadnaught D amplifier
- JBL 705i ceiling speakers driven by ATI 528NC amplifier
- Seaton F18 subwoofers driven by SpeakerPower SP2-8000 amplifiers
- JBL SDP-75 processor
The projection system included:
- Sony VPL-VW5000ES projector
- Stewart Screenwall 4-way masking screen with microperforated StudioTek 100 material
- Lumagen Radiance Pro 4449
The acoustic treatment design included:
- Acoustic Frontiers exclusive WAVE diffuser
- Autex Quietspace polyester absorber
- Arithmetic Design Diffuse High slats used in the custom screen wall slatted bass trap
The aesthetic design for the room included:
- Cineak Strato Plus chairs
- Custom bar with bar seating
- Custom fabric panels by Rayva
Audio calibration was performed by Curt Hoyt.